Hello everyone!! I miss you guys! I am back today with a new super delicious recipe: Tres Leches Cake! Aka the most moist cake I’ve ever had.
First, I am not a milk person. (I eat my cereal without milk). Buuut this cake is so delicious. I didn’t expect it to taste that good! And you don’t taste the milk! You just taste a delicious vanilla super moist sponge with a vanilla chantilly cream yum!
Second, this cake is better made 1 day ahead so it’s perfect if you are preparing for a dinner or some family time!
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1/2 cup sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
Milk mixture to soak the cake
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream liquid
- 150 g condensed milk
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- Candied cherries for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 170°C and grease a 15 cm * 20 cm pan with some oil and sprinkle flour to prevent sticking.
- Separate the 3 eggs into 2 bowls (egg whites and egg yolks). With your hand or electric mixer, beat the egg yolks with 1/4 cup sugar on high speed for 2-3 mins until pale and fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla and mix again. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and switch to a spatula to mix them into the batter.
- Clean your mixer and start whipping the egg whites until foamy. Start adding the remaining 1/4 cup sugar gradually until the egg whites reach stiff peaks.
- Gently FOLD the stiff egg whites into the cake batter using a spatula or a spoon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 18-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- When done, turn the oven off, open the oven door a bit and let the cake cool gradually for 20 mins. After that, remove from oven and poke holes in it using a fork before pouring the milk mixture on top.
- In a bowl, mix the milk, cream and condensed milk all together. Pour it over the cake, let the cake cool completely then refrigerate overnight (or for 2 hours if you don't have the time).
- With your mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream with vanilla and sugar. Put it on top on the soaked cake and decorate with whatever you like and enjoy! I added candied cherries!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews