Good day guys! I am finally sharing with you my ultimate Healthier Carrot Cake recipe! It is so moist and tender and super delicious I promise!
This recipe calls for brown sugar which I don’t always have. So I always make my own using regular white sugar (or unrefined cane sugar in my case here) and some molasses. Today it was grape molasses and I loved it! I will incorporate it more in my recipes. You can use any molasses you have. Just mix 1 cup white sugar with 1 tbsp molasses et voilà!
Look at how moist this carrot cake is! My family fell in love with it and I am planning on making it more often! I also added some walnuts and dried raisins for some crunch and different texture. The result is amazing! Tell me what do you like to add to your carrot cake?
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon optional
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice or carrot juice for intense carrot flavor
- 300 g carrots peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp walnuts
- 2 tbsp dried raisins
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease a 25 cm cake pan with some oil. Sprinkle some flour and coat the pan to prevent sticking.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- With your hand or stand mixer, beat the eggs with brown sugar and vanilla on high speed for 2 mins until pale and fluffy.
- Add the oil and pineapple juice, beat again until incorporated.
- Start adding the flour mixture gradually and beat until a smooth batter forms.
- Add the grated carrots, walnuts and dried raisins. Fold them in with a spoon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 50-55 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Submit your review