Christmas is around the corner so I got you covered with my Healthier Gingerbread Cookies!
I absolutely love gingerbread everything. It’s so nostalgic and just perfect for this time of the year. These cookies are no exception! You get all the spicy flavor with a healthy twist.
These Healthier Gingerbread Cookies are on the chewy side of thr cookie spectrum. They’re super good and can keep well in a well closed container for up to 3 weeks! So let’s get baking!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp water
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch sugar, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and vanilla.
- Add the molasses, melted butter and egg. Whisk until you have a dough. If dough is not coming together, add 1-2 tbsp water until you have it does. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- When chilled, preheat your oven to 180°C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough on a well floured surface and start cutting the shapes that you want with a cookie cutter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 mins until cookies are a bit firm to the touch. Remove from oven, let them cool for another 10 mins in the pan before removing.
- Mix the powdered sugar with water until desired consistency (start with only 1 tbsp, mix very well and add more water if needed), put in a zip lock bad, cut the edge and start decorating!
Submit your review