Hey guys! I’m back with a new recipe, a childhood favorite one: Jam Tart! I wanted to recreate my mom’s recipe and I could not be prouder. Here is my take on it.
I grew up having this treat. Mom used to bake it every once in a while but we used to wait impatiently for it! It was full of flavors and yumminess. So this time I made it and she was so proud of me! And I couldn’t be happier.
I admit it’s not one of my typical healthiest recipes, but who cares! I enjoyed every bite. The whole family was so happy having it and this is what matters the most to me.
- 200 g butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups jam of choice
- With your hand or electric mixer, beat the butter for 2 mins until pale.
- Add the sugar and lemon zest and beat again until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Take 2/3 of the dough, spread it in a 20 cm round baking pan lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Take the rest of the dough, wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze it for 30 mins or until firm. `
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Spread the jam on the tart and using a box grater with large holes; evenly grate the frozen portion of dough over the jam, try to cover the jam completely.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top layer is golden .Let it cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Submit your review