- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- 2 medium peaches
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, brown and white sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add the vegetable oil and combine until you have a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Cut peaches into a bowl, add all other filling ingredients and mix well until cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease a 23 or 25 cm round pan with a bit of oil. Or simply put parchment paper on the bottom and only grease the edges.
- In a bowl, combine flour with baking powder. baking soda, salt and vanilla (see the note below). Set aside.
- Using a hand or electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until pale and fluffy (about 2-3 mins on high speed). Add the yogurt and oil and beat again until incorporated.
- Start adding the flour mixture (dry ingredients) gradually while beating until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan and smooth it evenly with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Add the peaches on top of batter followed by the crumb topping. Press it down a bit with your hand.
- Bake the crumb cake in preheated oven for 35-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
*I used granulated vanilla so I mixed it with the dry ingredients. If you're using vanilla extract (liquid), add it to the liquid ingredients after beating the eggs with the sugar.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!