Hey guys!! A new recipe is coming your way today: Healthy Plum Tartlets! Plums are in season so I’m making the best out of them. This is a vegan recipe too for all vegans out there!
Whole wheat mini pastry tarts filled with a yummy Plum Compote. Both are so esy to make and can be made with 1 hour in total! A trick that I always use is to freeze the tarts when they are done baking so they cool really fast. Try it and thank me later!
When cooled, you can fill these tartlets with whatever you want but I strongly advise you to tru this easy and healthy Plum Compote because it’s really yummy!
Servings: 4 tartlets
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-2 tbsp water if needed
Filling (Plum Compote)
- 4 plums
- 2 tbsp sugar or dry sweeter of choice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 180° and grease 4 cupcake wholes (in a cupcake tray) with some vegetable oil then dust them with a bit of flour to ensure that the tartlets won't stick.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with sugar, vanilla and salt. Add the oil and mix again until a dough forms. Add a bit of water if dough is crumbly and won't come together.
- Divide evenly between the cupcake wholes and shape them like tartlets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 mins until a bit dark on the edges.
- Remove from oven and let them cool before trying to remove them from the tray. Meanwhile, make the plum filling.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, mix all filling ingredients. Keep stirring until plums are a bit darker and release their juice (about 10 mins).
- Leave it to cool before filling the mini tarts.
- When the tartlets are completely cool, flip the tray and tap it on the kitchen counter or table to release them.
- Fill with the plum filling and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews