Hello everyone! I know I’m not being able to bake and publish some blog posts as much but with my finals and stuff, it’s been a hectic journey! But I know it’s worth it!
Anyways, the most important thing is that I’m back with a new amazing recipe! The Grapefruit Orange upsode down cake! It tastes like winter which is exactly what we need!
So easy to make and it looks just gorgeous. See those amazing colors? You can use any citrus fruits you like and it would still look as good!
- 1 big grapefruit
- 1 big orange
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange or grapefruit juice
- Preheat your oven to 180℃ and line a 20 cm round pan with parchment paper. Cut the grapefruit and orange to slices, remove the edges too and line them on the parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- With your hand or electric mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar and orange zest until pale and fluffy (about 2 mins on high speed).
- Add the oil and orange or grapefruit juice and beat again until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture gradually while beating until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter in your greased loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool completely before flipping it.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews