Good day guys! This is my second recipe this week and it’s a recipe that I wanted to do for sooo long! I finally had the time to make this Healthy Banoffee Pie happen!
This pie (or tart) looks heavenly and tastes more than heavenly! If you like bananas or not, you’re in for a treat! Oats crumbly crust filled with a date “caramel” filling, topped with bananas, coconut cream and more bananas!
This healthy Banoffee pie has a very unique yummy taste and I am planning on making it again very soon because my family LOVED IT! So let’s get to the recipe!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup raw sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water more if needed
- 1/2 cup date paste or 4-5 dates
- 2 small bananas ripe
- 1 tbsp cashew butter or any nut or seed butter of choice
- 2 small bananas
- 1/2 can coconut cream or whipped cream
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease and flour a 15 cm tart or pie pan and set aside.
- Mix all crust ingredients together until a sticky consistency. If it's too crumbly, add more water until you have a "dough" that can be pressed in a tart or pie pan.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tart pan and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 mins until dry and a bit brown on the edges. Take out of oven and let cool.
- Mix all caramel ingredients in your food processor or blender until smooth.
- Spread the caramel filling on top of the cooled crust.
- Add your toppings the way you like and enjoy!
Submit your review