Servings: 12 rolls
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup warm skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sweetener or more brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger optional but recommended
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg optional
- 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- Line a 20 cm round pan with parchment paper and grease the sides with a bit of oil. Set aside while you make the rolls.
- To make the dough, in a bowl mix the flour, yeast and salt.
- In a jug or another bowl, mix the warm milk (start with 3/4 cup) with the molasses, and vegetable oil. Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and mix it all with your hand until a dough forms together. Add more milk or water if needed until dough comes together.
- Knead the dough for 5-6 mins on a floured surface until smooth. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 mins. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
- To prepare the filling, mix the sugars with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- When dough has rested for 15 mins, roll to a rectangle (40*25 cm approximately). Brush it with melted butter leaving 2 cm of the edges without butter. Sprinkle the filling mixture evenly on top.
- Roll it like a log. Cut the log to 12 rolls using a serrated knife or dental floss. Transfer the rolls to the prepared pan, cover and let them rest for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- After 45 mins, the cinnamon rolls should be all puffed up and ready to be baked. Preheat your oven to 180°C and bake them for 18-20 mins until the top is golden brown. Enjoy them warm!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!