Servings: 100 cookie
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (170g) cold butter cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 tbsp milk if needed
Sugar glaze for 30 cookies
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk or water
- Food coloring
- In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and vanilla.
- Add the cold cubed butter and pulse just until the mix is crumbly (chunks of butter are still appearing).
- Add the eggs and pulse for few seconds until dough comes together. If mixture is too dry, add a bit of milk but you might not need to. Do not over mix.
- Cover the dough with a cling wrap and chill for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- Once chilled, roll out half of the dough on a well floured surface to desired thickness. Cut the shapes with some cookie cutters and transfer them to a baking tray lined with parchment (this is a soft dough so work fast).
- Bake in preheated oven (160°C) for 15-20 mins or until the edges are golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the powdered sugar and milk. Divide the mixture, add in your food coloring, transfer to a zip lock bag and start decorating!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!