Servings: 8 big portions
- 1 1/4 cup mashed ripe bananas about 5 small bananas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking sda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sat
- 1/2 cup sugar dry sugar/sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp chia seeds or flaxmeel mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips optional
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC and prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax egg: mix 1 tbsp chia seeds with 3 tbsp water and let it sit for 10 mins.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Add the oil and combine well. Then add the flax egg, sugar, vanilla and combine
- Pour wet into dry ingredients and mix just until everything is incorporated. Be careful to not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, decorate with chocolate chips (if any) and bake for 55-60 mins or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool before slicing. It can last up to 1 week wrapped in cling wrap.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!