- 1 1/4 cup skimmed milk or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Mix 1/4 cup of the milk with the cornstarch and set aside for later use.
- Put 1 cup milk, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and salt in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture starts bubbling. Add the milk-cornstarch mixture to the saucepan and keep whisking until it thickens (5-6 mins).
- Take off heat and leave it to cool. It will keep on thickening while cooling. You can keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!