Servings: 1 medium jar
- 1 kg fresh cherries pitted
- 1/4 cup sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the pitted cherries with the sugar or sweetener in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add the lemon juice and stir again.
- Lower heat and let the cherries simmer until they reduce in size, darken in color and juice becomes a bit thicker.
- Once thickened, transfer to a jar and leave the jam at room temperature until completely cooled.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!