- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 7 cups water divided
- In a blender, blend your blackberries until they are like a puree. Drain them with a strainer to discard the liquid only. Use a fork to press the blackberries against the strainer to extract the maximum amount of liquid.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, place 1 cup of water with the the blackberry juice, sugar and lemon zest. Stir until sugar is dissolved. When it starts to boil, simmer on low heat for 10 mins. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, place the lemon juice and remaining 6 cups of water in a big jug. Add the blackberry syrup that you just made and stir everything together.
- Refrigerate. Serve cold and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!