- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil cold
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- 2 medium peaches thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
Egg wash (optional if not vegan)
- 1 small egg
- 1 tsp milk
- If your oil is at room temperature, refrigerate for 30 mins before using.
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add the cold vegetable oil and mix until a crumbly dough forms.
- Add 1 tbsp water at a time and mix the dough with your hand until dough comes together and you have a nice smooth dough. Freeze for 10 mins while you work on the filling.
- Mix all filling ingredients in a bowl. When your dough has chilled, roll it between 2 parchment papers to the desired thickness (mine was about 1 cm). Take the parchment paper on which the dough is and place in a pan. Fill it with the peaches mixture in the center then fold in the edges to create a galette (look at the photos).
- Optional: mix the egg with a splash of milk and brush all galette edges.
- Bake in preheated oven (180°C) for 20-25 mins or until golden brown on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!