Servings: 24 pieces
- 2 cups sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp orange blossom water (may zaher)
- 2 cups Semolina
- 1/2 cup sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup yogurt (laban)
- 4 tbsp orange blossom water
- 1 tbsp crushed almonds to garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat, place the sugar and water. Stir until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and orange blossom water and stir until just combined. Take off heat and let it completely cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix the semolina with sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the yogurt and orange blossom water and mix until just combined. Cover and let rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a 20*30 cm rectangular pan with parchment paper or grease it with a bit of oil.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and distribute it evenly. Use a bit of water on the back of a spoon to help you with the process.
- Using a knife, cut the Semolina mixture as you like, I did mine in a diamond shape. Place the crushed almonds on top and bake for around 40 mins or until edges start to separate from the pan and it's golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour all the syrup on top. Let the semolina cake absorb all the syrup while it's cooling.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!