Servings: 12 bars
- 1 cup quick oats or rolled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or any flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon optional
- 1/3 cup sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup vegetabe oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups strawberries diced
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC and line a 20x20 cm square pan with parchment paper (I only have a rectangular pan but that's okay).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar.
- Add the oil and mix until you have a crumbly dough.
- Firmly press 2/3 of the dough into the pan, reserving the remaining dough.
- In another bowl, mix the strawberries, lemon juice, cornstarch and 1 tbsp sweetener.
- Press the strawberries mixture firmly on top of the dough in the pan, with a fork.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough on top of strawberries and press it down tightly again.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 mins on the center rack.
- Remove and let cool then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing, as they firm up considerably.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!