Servings: 10 big rolls
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup warm milk of choice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup yogurt plain
- 1 egg (can be substituted with a bit more milk)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese low fat
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese low fat
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 5 slices turkey
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a mug or small pot, stir together the warm milk, sugar and yeast. Leave it for 15 mins until it bubbles, that means the yeast is activated.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the yogurt and egg.
- When the yeast is activated, add it with the yogurt and egg mixture to the dry ingredients. Combine everything together (I used my hand) until it forms a loose sticky dough.
- Gently knead the dough to form a rough ball.
- Cover it tightly with cling wrap and a towel and leave to proof for 2 hours.
- Once the dough has risen it should be about double in size.
Filling and rest of steps
- Mix all filling ingredients and set aside.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface, and roll it into a rectangle approximately 35×25 cm.
- Spread the filling evenly but not on the edges.
- Roll into a log and cut to 8-9 pieces.
- Put in a pan, cover and let rest for an hour.
- Bake it in preheated oven (190-200ºC) for 35-40 mins until well browned.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!