Base and Crumb Topping
- 1 cup quick or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or oat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 12 Sylphide cheese squares or 1/2 cup cream cheese of choice
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mixed berries of choice
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC and line a 20×20 cm square pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together all filling ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the oats with flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and vanilla. Add the oil and mix until everything comes together. It’s okay if the mixture is crumbly.
- Firmly press 2/3 of the mixture into the pan, reserving the remaining for the crumb topping.
- Spread the cheese filling evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture on top and press it down tightly again.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 mins on the center rack until golden brown on top.
- Remove and let cool completely for at least 1 hour before slicing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!