Hello everyone! Today’s recipe is super special. My Zaatar rolls are so soft and nostalgic. The dough is such a success that you want to make these over and over again! It’s a family staple.
Look at how fluffy and tasty these are ?. I can’t desribe the amazing smell in my kitchen once I bake these yummy zaatar bites! It reminds me of “foron el day3a” and this is priceless.
I like to have mine with labneh and some vegetables they go really well with these zaatar rolls. And the great thing about this particular dough is that you can use it in anything! I make pizza, different mana2ish.. it’s so versatile and my go-to recipe always!
Bake and enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup warm milk of choice
- 1/4 cup zaatar spread
- In a bowl, combine all dough ingredients until a soft dough forms. Adjust the flour-liquid ratio if needed.
- Cover and let it rise in a warm spot for 45 mins.
- When dough has risen, preheat your oven to 200°C. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and roll into a rectangle as thin as possible.
- Spread your zaatar and roll like a jelly roll, starting with the wider side of the rectangle.
- Cut into little rolls and bake in preheated oven for ~ 20 mins or until the swirls are brown on top.
Submit your review