Servings: 2 brioches
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup olive jam
- 1 small egg
- In a bowl, mix everything together except the egg. Mix until dough comes together. If the dough is too dry, add a little bit of milk or water. If it is too soft, add a little bit of flour.
- Gently knead the dough together until it forms a rough ball. Cover with cling wrap and a towel and let it proof for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, dough should have doubled in size. Cut in half, keep 1 half covered while working with the other half.
- Roll using a rolling pin to a rectangle. Spread the olive jam all over the rectangle leaving around 2 cm from the edges.
- Roll the dough into a tight log. Carefully slice down the center of the log using a knife.
- You should be left with 2 parts of dough. Now pinch the 2 top parts together, then start twisting them around each other until you get to the bottom. Pinch the bottom and top of the twisted log together to secure the loaf.
- Grease a loaf tin with vegetable oil and lift your braided loaf into the center of the tin. Cover and let it proof for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and bake the loaf for 35-40 mins until golden brown.Optional: Brush the bread with egg wash using a brush BEFORE baking.
- Allow to cool before slicing and enjoy! Better served hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!