Servings: 20 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 regular eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar white or brown or dry sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp water optional
- 1/2 cup walnuts crushed
- 1/2 cup dates pitted
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease a 20 cm cake pan with some oil. Set aside.
- Cut the dates into little pieces and set aside. In a medium bowl, mix the flour with baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl and with your stand or hand mixer, beat the eggs with sugar until fluffy (about 3 mins on high speed).
- Add the oil and yogurt and mix again with your mixer until fully combined.
- Add the flour mixture gradually while mixing until everything is incorporated. If batter is too thick, add 2 tbsp water and mix until combined.
- Fold the dates and walnuts into the cake batter with a spatula and pour mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing the cake from the pan or decorating!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!