Servings: 40 little fingers
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder optional
- Mix all dough ingredients by hand. Adjust the flour-liquid ratio if needed until you have a dough that comes together really well. It should not be sticky.
- Cover and let it rest for 1 hour in a warm spot.
- Place all filling ingredients in a saucepan on low heat. Mix well, try to break the dates and when filling becomes thick, turn off heat.
- When dough has proofed, place on a lightly floured surface and knead for few minutes. Let rest for another 10 mins.
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape (1-2 cm thick) then divide rectangle to smaller rectangles ~ 5 cm in width, each. Fill with date mixture and close the edges tightly. You’ll end up with long rolls.
- Cut each roll to desired number of fingers, place in a greased pan and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!