Servings: 4 mini cakes
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup tahini or any nut or seed butter of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dates pitted
- 1/2 cup low fat coconut milk or any other milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pour the hot water over the dates, add the baking soda, stir and let it sit for 20 mins until dates are soft.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C, grease 4 ramekins with a bit of oil and set aside.
- In your food processor, blend the dates-hot water mixture with the tahini, vanilla, salt and vinegar. Add the flour and cornstarch, beat again until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture evenly to the 4 ramekins. Bake in preheated oven for 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the ramekins.
- Blend all dates sauce ingredients in your blender until smooth. Add more milk o reach pourable consistency if needed.
- Pour the sauce over the cakes right before serving. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!