Servings: 12 bars
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour (by processing 1 1/2 cup oats into a food processor until smooth)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp water
Filling (caramel sauce)
- 1 1/2 cup dates pitted and softened (soaked overnight or in hot water for 15 mins)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips vegan
- Put all the base ingredients in a bowl and combine until the oats flour has absorbed all the liquid. Press it into a 15*15 cm pan (I used a Tupperware) and put in the fridge while you prepare the caramel.
- Drain water and blend the soft pitted dates with salt and coconut oil in a high speed blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the caramel on the base and freeze for about 2 hours.
- Melt the chocolate(I melted them in the microwave), then drizzle it over the top of caramel layer.
- Refrigerate until it sets (15 minutes).
- Slice into bars and keep in an airtight container.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!