Servings: 14 slices
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup yogurt plain
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC and grease a 25 cm round pan with a bit of oil or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla and sugar or sweetener with an electric or hand mixer on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add oil, yogurt and water gradually while keeping on mixing until everything is smooth
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before decorating.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!