Servings: 6 pancakes
- 1 cup quick or old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp sugar or dry sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed with a fork
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1/3 cup water
- Honey or maple syrup to serve
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
- Add the egg white, mashed banana, grated carrot and water. Whisk everything until incorporated.
- Heat a nonstick pan (you can grease it with a bit of oil), pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter. Wait until it bubbles and brown from the bottom then flip. Let it brown a bit on the other side too. Repeat until no batter remains.
- Enjoy warm with your favorite toppings!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!