Servings: 9 big rolls
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (120g) melted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine flour with salt and dry yeast.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix the water, milk, honey and oil. Microwave for 20-30 secs until a bit warm. Whisk in eggs with a fork or whisk.
- Add the wet to dry ingredients and mix everything until no flour lumps remain. The dough should be sticky and not too dry.
- Cover the dough and let it rise at room temperature for 2 hours. Then refrigerate the dough for at least 8 hours or overnight. It can be refrigerated for up to 3 days before using.
- When you want to make your cinnamon rolls, make the filling: combine the melted butter with brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Transfer your dough to a floured surface and roll with with your rolling pin like a large rectangle.
- Spread your filling over the dough leaving a bit of the edges without filling.
- Roll the dough into a log starting with the larger side of the rectangle. Don't roll it too tight.
- Cut your cinnamon rolls evenly so you have 9-10 buns and place in a pan lined with parchment paper. Cover and let them rest for another 1 hour, they will rise again and be puffed up.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and bake the rolls for 35-40 mins or until golden brown on top. Take them out of the oven and let them cool.
- To make the glaze, mix all glaze ingredients starting with 3 tbsp milk. Add more if needed. Spread all over the cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!